Safeguarding Statement 2022-23
The Safeguarding and Welfare of children and young people is the very highest priority of all staff at Kingsmead School.
We believe that students have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse.
Staff are vigilant for signs of any student in distress and are confident in applying our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children's health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
The school's Child Protection and Safeguarding Team all of whom are Level 3 trained consists of:
Mrs Laura Mackie (Designated Safeguarding Lead and Online Safety Lead), Mrs Anna Cox (Deputy DSL and Assistant Headteacher Upper School) and Mr Mark Williams (Headteacher).
The School’s Governing Body Safeguarding Lead is Ms Eva Heim.
The school safeguards students with specific reference to the following Department for Education statutory documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2019)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (2022)
- Revised Prevent Duty Guidance (2015)
The Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy is available to parents/carers and students on the school website here.
All staff receive annual Child Protection and Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school.
If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a young person in the school, please pass them on to a member of the School’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Team using the email firstname.lastname@example.org