Welcome to the Kingsmead School SENDDepartment.
Our department aims to ensure that those students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are fully included in life at Kingsmead and are able to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Our experienced and dedicated team of Teaching Assistants provide excellent in class, individual and small group support.
Specialised areas within the school include the Inclusion Centre; which provides a nurturing environment away from the classroom and the Lighthouse; for those with medical and personal & intimate care needs.
We are able to offer a personalised and individual curriculum for those that need it which includes offering social skills groups, horse riding, swimming, sailing, Forest School, Outdoor Education, Gym visits and 1:1 literacy and numeracy interventions.
Kingsmead is committed to being a fully inclusive school and a complete outline of the support we provide can be found in the school’s SEND Information Report (under ‘SEND Stautory Information’ on the Information tab on the Home Page).
Top 5 Websites
For additional information and support on this subject, please see these websites:
- Somerset’s Local Offer https://www.somerset.gov.uk/education-and-families/somersets-local-offer/
- Somerset Parent Carer Forum https://somersetparentcarerforum.org.uk/
- Somerset SENDIAS https://somersetsend.org.uk/
- SEND Code of Practice https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/send-code-of-practice-0-to-25
- Support Services for Education http://www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk/Services/Category/678