We want all Kingsmead students to achieve their best possible results. To do this we believe they need to extend their learning by spending periods of time studying at home.
- reinforce and extend learning.
- result in them being able to learn more independently.
- develop responsibility for the quality of their own work.
- promote completion of tasks successfully according to set deadlines.
- allow them to practise learning in an environment which is largely in their control.
- give them opportunities to involve members of their family in their learning.
Students are expected to complete all home learning and they should spend the recommended time on it. All home learning is recorded on Firefly allowing students to easily see all tasks and the date they are due. Firefly also provides parents with a login, which enables parents to support this important aspect of school life.
Please see below for a description of what is expected in each year group.
In Years 7 & 8 students will follow the timetable found on the front of their Knowledge Organiser booklet.
The home learning timetable for Years 9 & 10 is below and will be used to support those students that struggle with managing their time outside of school by ensuring that tasks are spread out over the fortnight. Whilst it is suggested that tasks are completed on a particular night, students can complete beforehand.
If home learning has not been set, students could undertake further study.
This could be:
- revising or reviewing the work covered in a lesson.
- making further enquiries about a topic or undertake research.
- discussing the content of a lesson or topic with another person.
- spending time reading a variety of books, magazines, webpages, newspapers or comics of their choice.