School Uniform and Dress Code
Students are expected to wear their uniform with pride and follow the guidelines provided at all times.
From September 2022 a new Kingsmead uniform is being phased in with all students expected to wear the new uniform from September 2023. All students in years 8-11 are able to wear the existing or new uniform for this academic year only.
All uniform and PE kits are available from www.swschoolwear.co.uk
- Plain black v neck jumper with logo (not a sweatshirt)
- Plain blue shirt
- School tie (according to year group)
- Year 7 – Green
- Year 8 – Purple
- Year 9 – Red
- Year 10 – Yellow
- Year 7 plain dark grey, drop waisted, box pleat skirt
- Years 8 -11 (A dark grey A line skirt is acceptable for this academic year only)
Both versions of the skirt must reach the knee.
- Plain dark grey tailored trousers or shorts
- Shoes must be plain black, have no more than a half inch heel and be of a polishable material.
- Black socks/ tights of at least 30 denier.
- The new uniform changes from September 2022 are optional for Year 8-10 students.
- There will be no change to uniform for Year 11 (2022-23) – polo t-shirts remain.
Jewellery, Make-up and Hairstyles:
- Jewellery is not permitted, except for one small stud earring in each lower ear lobe.
- No facial piercings of any kind.
- No extreme hair styles of any kind
- Hair must be of a natural colour
- No false eye lashes, nail varnish or false nails are permitted
- If make-up is to be worn, it must be discrete and natural in appearance.
- Black shorts, no stripes/logo
- Black/red PE skorts
- Black/red rugby shirt
- Red/black polo shirt
- Black/red socks
- Trainers with non-marking soles
- Football boots
- Shin guards (for football and hockey)
- Gum shields (optional but recommended)
- Black/red hoody with Kingsmead logo (optional)
- Plain black jogging bottoms/ leggings, no stripes/logo (optional)
- Hair tie for long hair
Uniform Price Comparison Table - click here