School Uniform and Dress Code
Kingsmead students are expected to always look tidy, be clean and wear their school uniform at all times. There may be exceptions such as some school trips but students and their parents will be given clear guidance for these events.
The school reserves the right to make decisions about uniform and how it is worn, especially when issues of health and safety are concerned.
- Plain black V neck jumper with logo(not a sweatshirt)
- Plain pale blue polo shirt with logo
- Plain dark grey tailored trousers or shorts (girls & boys)
- Plain dark grey, tailored ‘A’ line skirt which must reach the knee
- A plain black belt (no wider than 4cm) can be worn to hold up trousers or skirts – not as a fashion accessory
- Shoes will need to be plain black, have no more than a half inch heel and be of a polish-able material. Boots, training shoes, daps and sandals of any description or colour will not be allowed
- Black socks (girls and boys)
- We do not intend to specify outdoor clothing but hoodies will not be allowed. In school, the school jumper will be the only acceptable outerwear. Coats will be allowed at break and lunchtimes but no hoodies.
No extreme hairstyles; for example two-tone, shaved styles with patterns in, dyed hair of an unnatural colour
Jewellery and make up
- One watch, one small discreet ring, one plain necklace, one plain bracelet.
- Stud jewellery – no more than two in each ear and one small nose stud
- No other piercings are allowed
- Excessive make up is not allowed i.e false eyelashes
- Nail varnish is not allowed
Please note: Make up and nail varnish remover is available in Student Welfare and students will be asked to remove excessive make up and nail varnish.
Knee length skirts and tailored trousers will be kept in Student Welfare and students will be required to change if they arrive in school in incorrect uniform. The skirt or trousers loaned should be returned to school, in a clean condition, as soon as possible. A record will be kept of any loaned uniform.
All new uniform will be available to order from South West Schoolwear. It will also be possible to purchase the polo shirt and jumper from My Clothing online https://myclothing.com. Further information and the link is available on our website http://www.kingsmead-school.com.
You will be able to purchase the skirt and trousers from any retailer so long as they are the same style and colour, i.e. plain dark grey tailored trousers and plain dark grey knee length ‘A’ line skirts.
Purchasing and Costs
All uniform will be available to order from South West Schoolwear in Taunton at the following costs:
Senior boys’ slim/ flat front dark grey trousers from £18.25
Black V-neck jumper with school logo from £16.99
Unisex polo shirt with logo £10.50
Girls’ polo shirt with logo £11.00
Senior straight dark grey skirt (knee length) from £15.50
My Clothing online costs:
Polo shirt with logo £6.50 - £7.99
Jumper with logo £9.99 - £12.99
- Black shorts, no stripes/logo (boys and girls) from £4.99
- Black/red PE skorts (girls only)* from £17.99
- Black/red rugby shirt (boys only) from £21.99
- Red/black polo shirt (girls) from £11.75
- Red/black polo shirt (boys) from £10.99
- Black/red socks (boys and girls) from £4.50
- Trainers with non-marking soles
- Football boots
- Shin guards (for football and hockey) from £8.99
- Gum shields (optional but recommended) from £2.99
- Black/red hoody with Kingsmead logo – optional (boys and girls) from £17.99
- Plain black jogging bottoms, no stripes/logo (optional)
- Hair tie for long hair
- Tape to cover new piercings
* Please note, girls can have a skort OR shorts, or both