We want all Kingsmead students to achieve their best possible results. To do this we believe they need to extend their learning by spending periods of time studying at home.
- This will:
- Reinforce and extend learning.
- Result in them being able to learn more independently.
- Allow them to practise learning in an environment which is largely in their control.
- Give them opportunities to involve members of their family in their learning.
Students are expected to complete all home learning, they should spend the recommended time on it. In addition, they should undertake further study in a subject if home learning has not been set.
- They could:
- Revise or review the work covered in a lesson.
- Make further enquiries about a topic or undertake research.
- Discuss the content of a lesson or topic with another person.
Included in this section of our website is an overview of what is being studied each term and expected home learning tasks for each year group. In some subjects one Extended Learning Project (ELP) may be set each year as part of the home learning, particularly in Key Stage Three. Students will need to organise their time and resources to complete a project over a period of time.
All students must follow the expectations of their subject teachers. Home learning is recorded on Firefly and should be given in on time. Parents and guardians are asked to sign the planner every week to support and encourage progress.